Health Products and Food (HPF) Quebec Region
Help on accessing alternative formats, such as Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (PPT) files, can be obtained in the alternate format help section.
Health Canada plays a very active role in ensuring the safety and nutritional value of food and the quality, safety and effi cacy of health products. Furthermore, Health Canada focuses on providing information that will allow us all to make informed choices with regards to nutrition, food and health products. It is with pleasure that we present you with an overview of the programs and services offered by the Health Products and Food (HPF) program, Quebec Region. If you have questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact us by using the below-mentioned coordinates.
Regional Director General, Quebec Region
Regional Director, HPF, Quebec Region
Health Products and Food
In the Quebec Region, Health Canada oversees the safety of food and health products such as drugs, medical devices, blood, tissues and organs.
- We establish standards and policies on food safety in collaboration with other federal departments like the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, other administrations and stakeholders.
- We ensure food safety through research and surveillance projects as well as chemical and microbiological laboratory analysis projects.
- We adopt public health policies with a focus on safe, nutritional foods and their consumption.
- We conduct inspections and assess compliance with good clinical practices, including instances involving research performed on humans during clinical trials on drugs, biological products and genetic therapy.
- We manage activities related to good manufacturing practices, inquiries, surveillance, and enforcement strategies in the context of regulations, namely for the manufacturing, packaging, and labelling of drugs.
- We also provide chemical, physical and microbiological analysis services to support inspection, inquiries and surveillance.
- We contribute to real-time monitoring of the safety of commercial chemical, biological, natural, and radiopharmaceutical health products.
- We work on activities promoting public participation in decision-making processes with respect to its priorities, policies, programs and regulations. We provide the public with an opportunity to infl uence the development and implementation of these initiatives and we ensure that their interests and concerns are taken into consideration.
- We communicate and maintain relations with various individuals, groups and organizations to ensure they receive information on our activities and programs, and on the other hand, to obtain information on the public's concerns and help them make informed health decisions.
The Health Product and Food program in the Quebec Region is located at the following address:
1001 St-Laurent West
Longueuil, Quebec J4K 1C7
If you need to reach us or to get additional information, please dial 450-928-4345 or visit the Health Product and Food Branch websites:
Drugs and Health Products
Food and Nutrition