Health Canada has a long history of cooperation with international counterparts and organizations. Our engagements have taken many forms ranging from informal information exchanges to multilateral harmonization initiatives.
We are involved internationally as a means of actively:
- Leveraging resources and knowledge,
- Ensuring application of sound regulatory practices and standards which are consistent, whenever possible, with international norms,
- Strengthening and facilitating existing mutual cooperation with international jurisdictions in scientific and regulatory areas,
- Addressing the challenges of globalization, new technologies and timely approval of new medicines, and,
- Reducing risks associated with therapeutic products marketed in Canada.
Strong relations and dialogue with international counterparts are also important in achieving program objectives in an increasingly complex regulatory world.
What information can you find here
Head of Agencies (HoA) Consortium